Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth

...is of course, Disney World in Orlando!  And you know what makes it even happier?  Spending a day there unexpectedly with two of your favorite people in the world!!!

I am not so big on theme parks.  I love the parks themselves, but hate the crowds and the shoving and pushing that our society has come to.

I was casually browsing Facebook one morning and saw a post from one of the most amazing people in the world.  It said "34 degrees in Florida!".  Sassy Fox posted this and I immediately freaked out!  She lives just a few miles from me in NJ...and she's in Florida!  As quick as I could, I got in touch with her and found that she and my beloved buddy, Fatboy, aka Ron Barbagallo, were in Orlando, but only for another day and a half.  We were about 50 miles away in Thanatosassa and it only made sense that we had to see them.

Fatboy had been working his tail off for the last few days and they wanted to spend their last day in Florida at Epcot.  Verity (Sassy) generously invited us up to hang out at Epcot.  I needed to discuss it with Jeff because that was a little more than we have been willing to spend lately.  Believe it or not, we are trying desperately not to blow all our money in a few months, lol.  I should have known that Jeff would feel the same way I did; how could we not see them when they were that close?  In Jersey, we just never seemed to make the time to hang out; another perk of this life.

We drove up to Orlando and they made the day tremendous!  They were so generous with us, both financially and of spirit, that I loved the day.  I am not well enough to spend a day like that without a wheelchair, but I hate it.  They took turns pushing me and helping me onto the rides that we did.  They really made me feel not embarrassed to be in a chair.  Jeff and Fatboy were non-stop talking (yes, I know most of you think it's only Jeff, but Fatty kept up his end.)  I felt so good to be in the presence of Verity, who is truly one of the best people I have ever met in my life.  She has that effect on everyone she is near.

We had buffet lunch in Germany, which is pretty much half my heritage, so it was awesome!  We actually shut the place down, even enjoying the fireworks at the end of the day!  It was a warm and beautiful day, with warm and beautiful people.

On a side note, I don't think Ron remembers this, but he was one of the first people I met in New Jersey.  I fell in love with his smart mouth and sense of humor immediately.  It was Jeff's first mountain bike race at Waywayanda.  There was this guy sitting on a hill with a Cannondale bike painted like a cow.  I sat down to watch the race and he kept me entertained between laps.  Years later, we shared an office at Cycle Craft, locked away from the rest of the staff so that they wouldn't distract us from our work.  I think it was more so that we didn't distract them, hahaha.

I now believe Epcot is the happiest place on earth!!!












1 comment:

  1. That's so cool you got to meet up with friends today. Your right that we should try to make time to hang out with other we care about. That's what it really about. Glad you all found the time and made it happen.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete