Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Life's a Beach!

I am soooo far behind on posting.  At this point, that means only one thing, I am having soooo much fun.  It's been almost two weeks since we spent a day at the beach.  Jeff never used to be much of a beach person; he's always been all about the mountain biking.  I found out a few years ago, if he has enough really long days on the bike, he will enjoy an occasional day at the beach.

As much as I love the ocean and the beach, Jeff is much better at relaxing there than I am.  I always need a book to read or puzzles to work on.

On February 28, it was a little cool but we decided to head to the beach anyway.  A friend of ours had been staying in Clearwater Beach, so we thought we would check that out.  How amazingly beautiful and clean it was!  The water was not quite Caribbean blue, but not quite Jersey colored either.  It got up to around 74 degrees and for us Northerners, it was HOT!  There were very few people in the water except for me, Jeff and some children (get the picture?).

We then drove up to Tarpon Springs, a quaint little Greek village on the Gulf.  My in-laws recommended it and it was cute, but we got there a little too late in the day to do much.  I did, however, find out about a place aptly named Sunset Beach.  We made it there just in time!

Other than maybe being on a cruise, I don't think I have ever been to the beach in February.





1 comment:

  1. Some of the best shelling I've had was in Fla., but it's best to go to the beach just after a storm. You'll need a small bucket to hold your treasures! - D.

    ReplyDelete