Friday, February 8, 2013

How the Adventure Began

And so it goes...

I have always had a desire to see all 50 states; not just to drive through them, but to really see them; get a sense of their history.

Jeff has wanted to ride all of the IMBA Epic Mountain bike rides as long as he knew IMBA existed.

In recent years, my health struggles began to take over my life.  I was waking up every day, but not living.  It seemed that my entire life revolved around whether the pain was too much to bear or whether what I was currently doing would expose me to too many germs and I would get pneumonia again.  Jeff's life had become an endless cycle of work, riding and coming home to take care of me.  It sucked for both of us.  I felt dead and he looked like he wished he was dead.

TIME TO END THAT NONSENSE!!!

We have been offered a unique opportunity in our life.  We decided to take a couple years, throw caution to the wind, buy an RV and fulfill our dreams.  I  know there will be lots of challenges and a whole world of different stresses, but we will be LIVING!

The RV that we bought is in many ways nicer than our house, so we will be traveling in comfort.  We need to learn a lot about where to park, how to set up and break down our rig.

Most people who know me know that I am not an "outdoor" person, hence the title of the blog.  In this coach, "THIS IS NOT CAMPING!!!"

Many thanks to George Schaberg, our consultant from Grounded Consulting, LLC, Jon Beresford from Camping World of Lakewood, NJ and Brendan Poh, owner of Cycle Craft (our benevolent boss) for assisting us with this.  George, particularly, has been in on this from the very beginning.  BTW, he is also a realtor and will be getting our house on the market this spring, if anyone has needs.

Join us on our adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think it's great you guys are doing this. There are so many things I've wanted to do but didn't have the courage to follow through. Best of luck!

    bruce

    ReplyDelete