Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Closing Time

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." (Semisonic)

Yesterday was my last day to have a physical presence at Cycle Craft.  I will continue as the virtual bookkeeper, at least for a while, but it won't be the same.

No more coffee with Brendan and Nick.  No more hugs from my "pretend" son, Eric.  No more nonsensical banter with the whole crazy bunch of them.

I have worked for Cycle Craft off and on for almost 20 years.  Walking away today was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I know that I am walking into a great new adventure but I am hoping I left some part of me behind.  Some of the best memories of my life occurred with the people of Cycle Craft.  I met most of my best friends through Cycle Craft.  If they didn't work there, they were customers that are now my family.

It's never the same once you leave.  I know we will keep in touch but I will miss that day-to-day contact.

Crafters, please don't forget your "Cycle Craft Mom", she still loves you.

3 comments:

  1. Are you guys on the road yet Tammy?
    bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuck in pretty good traffic at the time of your post. DC to Fredericksburg is insane! Good riding, bad traffic even on the weekends. We are camped in the boonies, but drive miles north and you get stuck in mall traffic. The town of fredericksburg, itself is is really quite nice though. I think Fredericksburg is to DC, what PA is to NYC.

    ReplyDelete