Friday, April 11, 2014

Clement Railroad Hotel Museum

My wife has always wanted to be a perpetual student.  She just really likes school.  So I gave her an assignment to write an 100 word essay about our trip to the Clement Railroad Hotel Museum.
She was feelin' a bit randy and wrote it like a 3rd grader (her words)  :-)

"My sweet husband took me to the Clement Railroad Hotel Museum even though I was having a difficult day and taking it out on him. Even though I was exhausted, it was well worth the trip.

I learned about the role that Dickson, Tennessee played in the Civil War. The Union army was holding Nashville but the railroad had been destroyed. Freed slaves and free black men were conscripted to build the railroad from Dickson to Nashville, (not so free, eh?).

Montgomery Bell, for whom the park we are staying in was named, was a big deal in iron works. He had forges, and we know more about forges than Marianne, the senior docent at the museum.

My favorite parts were the sitting room because I wanted to sew there and the miniature train, because, I, like Sheldon, love trains.

The quilt was also very nice.

I love my husband for taking me and bringing me home to bed.

The End"

This part of the model train switchyard was recreated from the next picture below.



The photo was shot from a bridge represented by the model in this picture.  Note the working turntable.

 They even had a working Ferris Wheel and sound effects.

10,000 man hours as of this post. 



Tammy really liked this quilt!








The ceiling of the hotel was very interesting 




No comments:

Post a Comment