Monday, May 20, 2013

The End of the Shakedown Trip

It has been so long since I sat down to write, that I am kind of embarrassed.  The last part of our initial trip just kind of sailed by me.  I learned how to relax, and then couldn't stop doing it.

The first trip with the RV was our shakedown; we wanted to try a variety of campgrounds and make sure we could really commit to this lifestyle.  While it is definitely not a traditional way to live, I think it will work splendidly for us.

We spent the last week of this trip at Douthat State Park in Virginia and the Happy Traveler campground in Maryland, huge contrasts.  Douthat State Park was beautiful, in a bowl of mountains.  Our campground hosts, Rich and Pat Armstrong were warm and friendly, like going home to your parents.  Amenities were not plentiful.  We had no sewer, no tv, no radio stations; but we had internet!!!



The contrasting Happy Traveler had all of the amenities; including cable tv.  It was nice to be able to do the laundry on site, but I missed the beauty of Douthat.



Our choices appear to be having modern amenities and being packed into campgrounds like sardines or the more rustic campgrounds which have space and the majesty of nature all around us.  I know the name of this blog is "This is Not Camping" but more and more, I am liking the rustic campgrounds.

It was now time to head home and prepare the house for the market!




No comments:

Post a Comment